Monday, May 7, 2012

Why did I have abnormal hair growth after 5 sessions of laser hair removal?

When I was 20, I had laser hair removal on my face and on the upper portion of my neck. After my 5th session, I noticed that very coarse, long hairs grew along my neck. Before, the hair on my neck was always fine and almost unnoticeable. Well one year later, I asked a dermatologist and she said it had to do with me being Middle Eastern and some lasers have the opposite effect on Middle Eastern people. She said I should try another laser. So I had 7 more laser hair sessions at another place (different laser) and there is barely an improvement. I am guessing there is underlying problem perhaps with my hormones? What could it possibly be?



If this helps, I'm 22, 5'1, 134 pounds (used to be 130 when I was 20), light olive skin, and black hair.



Why did I have abnormal hair growth after 5 sessions of laser hair removal?

Everyones skin is different. You may try to see if you can get electrolisis done it would take longer but its alot less expensive. Or if moneys not the issue keep trying it and get a second opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment