Friday, March 30, 2012

Asymmetrical body hair growth after injury, working out?

This is really strange...Shortly after a horrible car accident I had a few years ago, I noticed increased hair growth on the left side of my body - the side badly injured (damaged nerves, broken bones, etc.). The hairs were longer, and I started growing a bunch of hairs on my shoulder. No change on my right side. It was like 10 or 15 hairs, so no biggie, I thought.



As I worked to get back into shape, I started doing pushups. I eventually got up to a whole lot every 3 days. I noticed I started to grow more hair on my body in general - and particularly the left side of my body!



I joined a gym about 2 months ago. I've noticed that I now have even greater hair growth, and while a bit on the right side of my body, most is on the left side. It's certainly not carpet fuzzy, but enough for me to tell. I even found long hairs growing in odd places - like 3 out of the side of my ear (cartilide!! - ewww!!). Why is this happening? What could be the cause? I'm 30 / Male.



Thanks!



Asymmetrical body hair growth after injury, working out?

Y'know, I can't tell ya why - but apprently things like that aren't all that uncommon - if my neurologist isn't pulling my leg (and he's too wound tight to pull anyones leg)



If its any consolation - The top half of my body only sweats on the one side now - and its been 7 years the accident that I was in....

No comments:

Post a Comment